Thursday, 7 October 2010

With only...............

..................................... 79 sleeps until Christmas! (oh yeah baby!!) , my mind is starting to turn towards gifts and christmas projects. I will need to get started soon if I want to get it all done!

Getting anything done would be a bonus! When I set out to do Stashbusting september , I didn't realise that September would be my busiest months of the year! So I only completed 2 of my 20 or so project target. Ah well. Theres always next september!

I thought I would offer up some ideas that I have used for gifts in the past and also some of the great gifts I have received! Just in case you were trawling the internet for inspiration (like I am ;-) )

For the little people in your life




















Little shopping bags, I usually put a colouring book, a matching crayon roll, a story book, some sweets, bubbles or some hair clippies/bows.


My favourite go - to for children's gifts. A hoodie towel, using Deanna's tutorial


Dolly! I made Dolly using the tutorial from Black apple. I also used the idea as inspiration to make
 little kitties to go in K's birthday party bags. You could make virtually any animal and turning it from a girly gift to an anyone gift. Who doesn't love a little snuggle buddy?


A felt mask, this one was also for K's pussycat party but these could be superhero masks or any animal. Felt is cheap and easy to sew with so I think these may make a few appearences this Christmas!


Oilcloth lunch bag. I made this using a tutorial from Skip to my Lou



A snuggly patchwork pillow, I made this for K but I think it would be a lovely gift for any little boy or girl. Maybe team it with a fleecy blanket and one of your favourite children's book. Great for some post Christmas snuggles.


A taggy blanket is fairly self explanatory. Great for giving to the really little people in your life. I am sure their parents will thank you for the lack of batteries included!



And a co ordinating crinkle taggy made using this tutorial from Joy's hope

This has turned into a fairly epic post, so I will continue with some other gift ideas this weekend. Some for the grown ups too.

For now I had better get myself into the shower, I am sat here in my PJs and I start work in 30 mins! oops!

6 comments:

Efka said...

You are so crafty, I love your work

Tiffany said...

I wish I was that crafty!

Sonya said...

Ooooh I just love the first one..I think a big person like me would love something like that : ) you are so darn creative.

Leslie said...

great ideas lee ann. christas is going to be here before we know it.
Have a wonderful weekend my friend.

Leslie said...

send me your address and I will send you the puzzle!! : )

Tara said...

That little lunch bag is GORGEOUS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails