The highlights of this year have been many I feel like I have ticked all of my goals for the year.
My main goal was to lose weight and become fitter and healthier. I joined slimming world and the local gym in January and I reached my target weight in November. I feel so happy and actually proud of myself! Now I start my goal of keeping it off and looking forward to another fun and active year.
Me and my girl last year, love this pic but it was definitely my "before" pic
Before murray and I went out for my work Christmas night out I got him to snap an "after" photo and I love it. It makes me so happy to see that I made my target! For the first time since my wedding I feel slim.
I still can't quite believe I went out wearing this super short dress but I felt like a million bucks and we had such fun.
I was so happy and proud to be out with my handsome hubby too.
We ate, we laughed and we danced :-)
I am looking forward to many more dates in 2014
I don't think I could do a recap of our year without mentioning our fabulous summer holiday. I just don't have the ability to put into words how special it was.
The closest I can get is one word.
(Poo poo minister?)
All too soon the summer was over and it was time to head back to school and work.
Our "children" just seem to rushing through their school days, Fraser is mere days away from his prelim exams. I hope this year brings exam success for our young man .
Another thing I am looking forward to in 2014 is spending lots of time smooching on this gorgeous face
Joe boy is home.
And not just for the holidays!
He is home to stay and my heart is so happy to know I will get to see home every single week. I could see him every single day!!
Oh it is good.
I am feeling very thankful and have a very full and happy heart tonight.
I also have a very fuzzy head and wobbly tum as I indulged a little too much in the wine last night and have spent the last day of 2013 feeling truly awful. But I was still surrounded by my loving family and I am very grateful.
In 2014 I have a few goals that I am working towards.
- being more organised. This is a biggy for me as I am hopelessly disorganised.
- keep my target weight and continue to go to the gym regularly.
- monthly family dates and monthly dates with Murray.
- be more positive - I did well with this for most of the year but I could feel negativity creeping in around the edges. Not this year! Big smiles inside and out this year!
- keep my toenails painted, it's amazing how this small things makes me feel better about myself.
- blog regularly and take more photos. These two hobbies of mine have really taken a back seat this year and I miss it. Looking forward to spending some more time in this wee corner.
It is 10pm, I am going to watch the finale of the biggest loser with my peaty and then try to stay awake until midnight. I didn't tell her but I'm going to wake Miss K up for the bells , this will be the first time she will get to see in the new year at midnight, with the rest of us. I'm excited :-)
I can't believe tomorrow we will be right back at the start.
The gift of a brand new year, just waiting to be unwrapped and discovered.